Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Writings and Food..!

Please be aware, this post is entirely due to my narcissistic love of language and my idiotic musings at oddly ungodly hour of the night. And this may be the answer, I think to a question asked to me two years back. I sat on the terrace, unforgiving engrossed in the Sidney Sheldon flick, purely enchanted by his masala way of telling a story ,and, all of a sudden, I found the book confiscated by my friend with that impish smile in her face, a smile that made me go weak and She asked "What is that stupid thing you love about this language or this book".
My answer was definitely never Sidney but thinking about it for a while , I got the answer. No man, I don't love Sidney Sheldon or Paulo Coelho or Jeffrey or even Shakes, I am in love with the language.

Seeing the title, you may wonder what has gotten into me, I know I know I am taking my hit on two extremities. But still I am able to relate so much with writings, food and my life. I have not oriented abstractly on three. But for some unknown reason, this post rang a bell to me.

If Languages could be eaten ... I'd say English is my favourite cuisine. (My English teachers would be extremely proud to here this word from me and #Shenbakam sis too)
I would have gobbled up all the words and would still be craving for more.

Novels = Junk food, like parotta or fast food..Spicy & tangy & Sexy too! (We always fall for the bad guys)

Classics = A bottle of Old wine or nethu vacha meen kozhambu. !

Poems =  Special servings that you try but you may not end up liking always, greens and bitter guard.

Idiom and phrases = Dessert ! Totally irresistible. !

There's something so silky about this language.

It's bad that I have been only exposed to this, in spite of growing in the midst of another giant, Tamil.

Someday I am gonna write about that too.


And so - the how  and why and who and what and when and where shall be  answered in unison :

I like to write.
I LOVE to write.
And I write for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment