Thursday, 16 January 2014

My Music, Me and Bass ;D :D

I am not a great musician, but I love to hear songs and that drove me towards musical instruments. I am not a music expert, but I learn fast. I will probably never be a performer, but I enjoy my music. I totally do. Especially Bass.
 Learning instrument and playing it perfectly was never towards any goal. The learning itself, is the reward. As the teacher plays his three fingered chords with precision , and tries brings out the maximum best out of you, your minds begins to open up, feebly at first and then strongly, resonating to the beat of the song with the liquid perfection of the master's. And then he lets you go. You pick it up and to your surprise, surprise yourself with a good rendition. Ah, that joy !
If you don't get it, let me explain.
You have a hard day at college, mostly from sitting simply and a rough edge with a cranky staff from your department (Ever wonder how students are always stuck with that "ONE" staff ?). Your head is filled with Internal marks, observations, silly fight with your buddy you have to reconcile, a lie to escape from the ball practice and some random filmy song that was playing in your room that morning.  Finally with all these cramming your mind, you see your building at last after a half kilometre walk .As you slump down on the chair, your teacher invites you to play setting up the instrument. Reluctantly, you agree.
As you stand by the instrument like a solider enlisted for agoge and let your fingers resonate with the C D E, you are half refreshed. Then begins the prelude. Flowing like a river, you take in the song, with all its force, regality and little gurgles as it crosses over pebbles. Just as the lude ends, you can't wait for more. The next, stanza enthrals even more - takes you deeply into the flow which is just like the birth place of any river as she trickles out of a tiny space . Slowly getting stronger, she flows out first as a stream, then gets stronger. And then more stronger. She waters the plants, buffalos lazing about taking a bath, a deer waiting to quench its thirst, goldfish jumping in and out for eternity and the kingfisher waiting for the right moment to strike. She gets more stronger and her currents become untameable, finally breaking the banks. By the end you are so into the sound that your feet and minds are one with song, the note and the bass. You become uncontrollable let your emotions flow along your fingers and smile at person you caught, smiling at you. And finally you traverse back into the first few lines.. Ending with a simple yet another resilient bass note - like a glass of cool water on a hot summer noon and then a sudden spatter in your face.
Haven't you by now forgotten everything else in the world but the amazing beauty that music makes you see? That little something that comes out of nothing, those random images that you see through your eyes when the song moves on like a red velvet on your throat and that note of emotion that finds a place in your song as a whole package - that, my friend, is music.  :)
That's what learning and making music is all about - being human, being peaceful, being blissfully you.

P.S: I don't know what I've tried to write in this post. I sat down after Bass session and just let the words flow. Do let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment